Deine potentiellen Kollegen
Our mission is to create an exceptional user experience by matching our knowledge of customer needs with the latest technology in order to create a professional online representation of their brand and to guide our customers to success. On a worldwide scale, the opportunity for providing do-it-yourself websites is tremendous and Jimdo seeks to be the number one provider. Users from all over the world have already created more than 20 million websites using Jimdo - and we’re happy to see the numbers growing continuously!
We are a motivated team full of smart people. Everyone of us is an expert in what we do and together we try to achieve the best possible results. Working in a young product company within a rapidly changing market comes with a lot of opportunities and many possibilities to contribute to our users’ success. To learn more about our story visit our website.
We are seeking a data engineer who will work with our ambitious team and take our data infrastructure to the next level to help make our customers successful. If you are passionate about empowering people in making data-driven decisions, then we're eager to get to know you.
You have the option to start immediately in our Hamburg office. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Shape and execute a technological mid and long term vision for data engineering at Jimdo
- Train and improve existing machine learning models, identify potential for future use cases and bring your ideas to life
- Find opportunities to further improve the performance and stability of tools and infrastructure
- Keep the data warehouse and all incoming and outgoing data streams running and up to date
- Make sure all data is recoverable and secure
- Build and improve internal software solutions to support the work of Data Analysts and other teams in their daily work
- Define policies and contracts towards clean and unified incoming data
- Degree in Computer Science / Data Engineering or Backend Engineering or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of experience
- Broad knowledge and experience in distributed systems (Kafka, Kinesis) and database architecture
- Excellent skills in a variety of languages and tools (Python, Ruby, Java, R, SQL, scripting languages, APIs)
- Experience in building and maintaining software components and infrastructure (AWS Stack, Jenkins, Spark)
- Demonstrated ability to implement, handle and update disaster recovery procedures
- Demonstrated ability to process complex information and dependencies in a continuously evolving environment
- Strong communication skills for finding simple and solid solutions
- Positive attitude towards problem solving
- Obsession with automation and simplicity
- Ability to break complex problems down into manageable chunks
- Drive to get things done
- Solid spoken and written English communication skills
Noch nicht bereit für eine Bewerbung?
Warum nicht durch die eigene digitale Visitenkarte Jimdo auf sich aufmerksam machen?Interesse zeigen
Weitere Stellenangebote in
alle Stellenangebote in Hamburg anzeigen
elbkind. besser. machen. Unser Benzin heißt Herzblut, unsere Mentalität ist „Getting Things Done“, unseren Erfolg messen wir in Beifall.
Wir informieren Dich, wenn es neue Jobs gibt, die zu diesem Stellenangebot passen.
Jobs bei Jimdoalle Jobs bei Jimdo ansehen