Interessieren Dich diese Benefits?
Spark Networks is one of the global leaders in premium online dating with iconic brands as EliteSingles, SilverSingles, eDarling, Jdate, Christian Mingle, JSwipe and Attractive World. After its recent listing on the New York Stock Exchange (ticker: LOV), the firm continues its steady growth and we are now looking to strengthen our Legal Team with a Senior Legal Counsel at our Berlin headquarters to further enable Spark fulfill its mission and purpose by providing timely, solid and reliable legal guidance.
You will join a team of 5 (no direct reports initially) and report to the General Counsel.
As Senior Legal Counsel your mission will be to:
- Create competitive advantages by finding out of the box solutions for legal questions, anticipating challenges.
- Help implement mitigating strategies for contractual, regulatory and legal areas.
- Understand and adjust any guidance to the flow and culture of the business and industry.
- Support the development, implementation and protection of company’s trademark and general IP strategy by Q2 2019.
- Provide guidance and supervise the implementation on legal strategies for litigations primarily in the field of trademark, consumer protection and competition law disputes
- Provide general guidance on best legal practices for the company’s online marketing activities
- Draft, review and negotiate inbound and outbound contracts in close cooperation with several departments in compliance with German HGB, US GAAP and IFRS standards.
- Draft and implement standard templates to increase efficient and compliant handling of the company’s sourcing and selling activities and help the company to establish a state of the art contract management system.
- Provide internal legal trainings.
- Engage with outside counsel and other external legal service providers.
Competencies we are looking for:
- Fast and independent thinker.
- Willingness to naturally embrace the core values of the organization and quickly establish yourself as a team player.
- Mindsel to comfortably enjoy changes, handle ambiguity and embrace future opportunities.
- Strategic outlook but living in the moment.
- Eagerness to explore new ways, cutting through red-tape while appreciating the context and consistently anticipating legal/regulatory challenges.
- Structured and consistent way of working.
- Ability to handle sensitive situations tactly but firmly and being prepared to share unpopular and / or urgent guidance.
- Interest in industrial and business trends and developments.
- Law degree from accredited schooll, preferably combined with recognized training / education in an international law firm.
- 3-5 years PQE (post qualification experience), preferably in-house.
- Experience to support matters in different jurisdictions.
- First experience/interest in Intellectual Property, Consumer Protection and Competition Law.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal).
Nice to have:
- In-house experience in a growing start-up.
- Working knowledge of US laws and regulations.
- An exciting job, where you can really make an impact on the company strategy, assume responsibility and develop professionally, while helping customers find love and happiness.
- Flexible working hours and a modern office in the heart of Berlin with free drinks, snacks and fruits.
- Further development with workshops, a healthy work-life balance, sporting activities, regular team events and much more!
- Company pension scheme.
- Choice between German lessons or Babbel subscription for all new joiners.
- Friendly working atmosphere and great colleagues from all over the world – check out our Career Video to meet your future colleagues! See why Spark Networks employees love where they work: check out our Glassdoor reviews and kununu reviews!
Let Spark Networks be part of Your Success Story!
Please indicate, that you have seen this job ad on feelgood@work.
Ähnliche Stellenangebote Berlin
In the international Telco world, we optimize progressive opportunities through enablement and aggregation of entertainment software and content; Mondia Media also delivers pioneering solutions tai...